Questions? Look here.
Can't find answer? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
add remove What is Idea bot? Why is Ideation process important to organizations?
Idea bot is a tool to automate the ideation process within an organization and bring the ideation process onto Workplace platform. The bot automates the entire idea life cycle i.e. from idea submission to implementation and provides powerful analytics for the ideation process.
In today’s business environment of VUCA – Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous, innovation is one the key competitive advantages that differentiates successful companies. Organizations have to systematically nurture the culture of innovation and ideation to successfully compete in the marketplace.
add remove What are the configurations required to activate an Idea bot?
Configuring an idea bot requires setting up the following parameters: admin guide
- Activating the bot on Workplace by registering on Idea bot
- Setting up a single group or multiple groups to post ideas on Workplace
- Creating Idea Themes under which a user classifies an idea at time of submission
- Deciding whether or not to enable voting for ideas under a particular theme, if yes - whether automated voting for all ideas or seeking Theme sponsor's discretion
- Mapping Idea Themes to Workplace groups
- Assigning Idea to one or more Sponsors of Themes
- Setting up Nudge frequency after which owners/assignee are reminded automatically
add remove What is an Idea theme? Who is an Idea theme sponsor?
An Idea theme is an area around which idea generation happens. For example, cost reduction, process improvement, new product development et al.
Every idea requires resources (time and money) to implement. An Idea sponsor is the executive sponsor who controls the resource allocation for implementing various ideas in an organization.
add remove Who is an Idea Champion?
Many organizations are now creating separate teams for implementing good ideas. These team members are typically called Idea Champions whose primary responsibility is to coordinate with various departments or functions and ensure that an accepted idea gets actually implemented.
add remove How to submit an idea?
True innovation happens when everybody in the organization participates in the ideation process. Any employee of your organization registered on workplace can submit an idea.
User just needs to type #new or choose Actions from the persistent menu followed by New Idea
add remove What is a Nudge?
Nudge is an auto reminder process used by the idea bot to periodically remind Idea Sponsors and Idea Champions to act, post and update the status of an idea.
add remove What Analytics are available? Who can access analytics?
Idea bot provides many powerful charts to manage the ideation process. Examples include:
- Idea funnel chart showing total ideas received, accepted and implemented. The chart is further derivable by time period, idea theme etc.
- Leaderboards of Top 10 idea givers, idea champions, idea themes etc
- Trend chart of ideas received and implemented for various time-period filters (monthly, yearly, for a given date range, etc.)
- Histogram of time taken to implement ideas 0 to 30 days, 30 to 45 days, 45 to 60 days etc.
Analytics is available to administrators who activate the idea bot.
add removeCan the user see the list of courses?What type of courses can the learning admins create?
Yes, the learner would receive a notification ping for the courses he/she has been invited too. She/he can also view the courses available to him/her by clicking on the persistent menu -> More For the courses that have been invited to (instructor led/nano learning courses) - click on View My Courses For self-learning courses (anyone can enrol for a self-learning course) - click on Available Courses
add remove What type of courses can the learning admins create?
Types of courses that can be created are - Nano learning - courses with short timelines, example - data security induction course Self learning - courses which don’t require instructors and have no timelines, anyone can enrol for them anytime, example - Ethics policy course Instructor led - Have regular timelines with instructor defined course content and more competitive leaderboard, example - Java course
add remove What type of assessments can be added?
Following types of questions are supported
- Guess the word
- Single correct answer
- More than one correct answer
- Identify the picture
add remove Can competency/ learning level attached to a course?
Yes, you can choose a course competency like - economy, java, data security , etc. and add a new competency if the desired competency is not available. Learning levels - Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced can be chosen according to the course difficulty.
add remove Do I need to download any software? What are the requirements?
No, you don’t need to download any software ! All you need is to install the bot and all your employees should have premier Workplace accounts.